Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Whose Afraid of the BiG BaD BEE...

... OR any LITTLE flying thing for that matter?!!!! DACIE IS!
She is fine with flying birds, and barking dogs, and growling tigers, and pretty butterfly's BUT if there is any little flying insect around the glass doors, or screen door she PANICS. I mean freaking out kind of panic. Dan did not believe me until he was home the other day, and I caught her freaking out on video. She goes to the doors and sits there until she finds one (it was a gnat in the video) and then screams a high-pitch, I have been hurt scream, and will not move. I try getting her to come to me and she just curls up in a ball on the rug and stares at it screaming. I first noticed it with the bumble bees that collect around our front screen door when we have it open w/ our spring-time weather. We cannot for the life of us figure out where this petrified fear comes from?!!! it perplexes us. So check it out WARNING: this is a so sad (I caught her right after she saw her first little gnat)
*Does anyone know how to center the videos on the post as I download them?


5 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

I have one like this. My Lauren does not like any kind of bug. Our first experience was a over a year ago when we went to Utah for my cousin's funeral. My dad showed her an ant and that was it... she insisted on being carried everywhere we went... The other day there was a spider on the wall and she made her dad get it. He threw it away in the toliet so she refussed to use the potty because "There (was) a spider in the toilet." TOO FUNNY!!!

Dawn said...

poor baby!! I would have thought that fear of bugs was something learned, but maybe it's in the genes...probably the Sorensen ones...although I have heard the my Aunt Sheryl was deathly afraid of spiders and so was Carol, until she went on her mission to Guatemala where they have huge roaches! Then there's Amy...she hates bugs, too...maybe it is genetic! Have you tried putting one in a jar and having her look at it and shake the jar or something like that? Good luck!
MOM S

Kerry said...

That is actually kind of funny! Poor thing though! Logan wanted to keep watching it for some reason!

And about my blog layout...yours is from the same site! It's just the cutestblogontheblock site. That's all. Nothing fancy, but I hadn't heard about it before, so now I can have a cute blog too!

the peterson family said...

I am so happy we made contact. It is so good to hear from you. We would love to be part of any Texas reunion. Your family has grown and they are all darling.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

awwww--poor thing! It sounds like she's really upset! i actually get the same way when a fly gets in my house =). yay for you doing videos & everything!