Tuesday, February 5, 2008

SterLing's SpEciAl DaY!!

Sterling's special day at preschool was last Wednesday, January 30 (we get to do it about once every other month). What that means is, he brings the snack for preschool that day and I get to go help out in the classroom. I have a fellow mother that we swap kids during that time so that the other one can go in the class to help. Well, my friend called that morning to tell me that her family was sick and so it was up to me if I wanted to bring my kids over. I should of, since we got SICK anyway--but I was hoping, so I started making calls to my other buddies. We were able to get Dacie to a friends home and Ryland just got to go to preschool that day too(he was in heaven). I just had Stelring and Ryland wash their hands and change their shirts when they got home. I was glad it all worked out because Sterling LOVES me there (that will not last forever, much to my heart breaking) and looks forward to his special day immensely (like talking about it for weeks before and looking at the calendar every day to see when it is coming...kind of like Christmas)
This month for snack we were suppose to bring something in that is from our family ancestory. So we brought in blood pudding (choclate pudding) from England (minus the cows blood), and "pirate gold" rolo's (since I have pirates in my lineage) . It was not the healthiest snack, BUT in my defense we did miss Sterling's birthday at school and chocolate is one of his favorites for sure. Besides the fact, that this is about as good as it gets when I just got home from vacation and have 22 kids to provide snack for! Sterling LOVES school. He always tells me he hated preschool (what he calls our home swapping preschool we have done the last two years-my feelings are a little hurt since I got to teach him myself) and loves school (he refuses to call this preschool)! Funny kid--We LOVE him

1 comment:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

How fun! I've learned something new about your lineage as well--I'll have to watch out for you if I'm ever on a ship =). I'm a lame-o and forgot you were supposed to tie it to your ancestry when it was our turn. We took pretzels & peaches & cookies. Nothing exciting there!