Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Plans!


One of our weekend plans consisted of dressing up Dacie for church! (we got all these darling holiday dresses from a friend) Since Mom (Alicia) and Dad (Dan) were speaking in sacrament meeting-we had to make sure she looked cute for whoever watched her! I LOVE her two pigtails

We also watched Dacie very carefully this weekend. With a new crawler in the house-we certainly have to be on our toes. I found her soaking wet, sucking on some clothes I had soaking in oxy clean! She is also standing a little as well-check her out!

This weekend we also listened to the rain on our sky lights-It rained all weekend. IF you look at this picture carefully it is Mingus mountain (behind the clouds) taken right by Colton's school. It is covered in snow. The snow is getting closer- it does snow in Arizona!!! We went shopping in Prescott and got our snow. We saw four accidents in less then a mile radius and Colton wanted us to pull over so he could touch the snow- Yeah right!




We do count our blessings! Our neighbors two doors down just built a new house and this new fence and the neighbors tree ROCKED it! Look closely in the corner! I guess a broken rose bush isn't so bad!


After our date on Saturday night-Dan and I did spend a few good hours writing out talks for church the next day. Dan spoke on After all we can Do by Elder Claudio d. Zivic, and Alicia Spoke on What Latter Day Saint Women Do best by Sister Beck. Both General Conference talks!
Part of our weekend plans included shopping for x-mas in Prescott. The boys want a new clubhouse!! This was their latest creation of a clubhouse (their"cars" parked outside of it) the clubhouse also got rocked by the rain! This is a picture of the boys humble abode (indoors) below. They wanted to take pictures of it!






Dan and I found a babysitter and got to go on a free dinner date for a work Christmas party with the company I answer phones and do billing for. I also walked away with a new hooded sweatshirt-2 long sleeve shirts and a t-shirt. A new wardrobe-wahoo!

We did jump the gun a bit on thinking Dan was all better. He came home Friday after work and went straight to bed-his fever broke once more. He battled fevers all the next day as well. We all had ENOUGH of being cooped indoors-so Dan made the executive decision to make us all go x-mas shopping. He is feeling a little better each day. Besides laughter is the best medicine, and he has plenty of that around w/ our kiddos!




I (Alicia) had an 'off' weekend as I accidentally tore up our Christmas bonus check and threw it in the trash, I put the car in to park while driving (I have no idea why), and leaving a bag of presents in a store in Prescott that we now have to drive back to get! Dan says my life is too rushed. I feel too distracted. I think having a majority of the responsibility lately just caught up. I guess Dan COULD laugh about some of these things...and that might help? ha ha ha

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Alicia! I was just on Anne's blog and found yuors! You always are so busy...I stress out a little reading it! We just started our blog yesterday (12/9). Please come visit us at stevenandcristina.blogspot.com I am excited to keep so in touch with everyone. Love you lots, Cristina

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

The last part of this post had me cracking up! You put a car in park while driving, what's going on Alicia??

On a more positive note, your girl is adorable. I love the red hair, who did it come from?!

Sounds like you guys will get some snow, we are still getting pounded in SLC!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Carrine- Half of my siblings have flaming red hair- Her hair looks slightly red sometimes. We are wating for that flaming auburn hair color to appear eventually. Dan has a red go-tee (When he has one) Sterling has the reddest of them all! my boys would LOVE some snow!(they would last all of 5 miutes in it!)ha ha ha

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Dacie looks so cute in that dress! I LOVE your boys' creativity in making that clubhouse--complete with pictures hanging on the wall. That is the cutest thing ever! What priceless memories they are making!

Unknown said...

My worst nightmare (I have it on a regular basis) is that I've left the babies somewhere and I didn't notice until I got home. Sometimes I feel like my life is so busy that it's entirely possible for me to do. Oh, and I've tried to put the car in reverse while driving (who knows why)... not advisable.

OF COURSE I remember you. You were the RS Pres right? LOL I remember your reception too... :) Abinadi says HELLO! I'm loving your blog! Yeah, life has been crazy, but it's all been worth it to have my boys home (MOST of the time!!)

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Ana- We sound just like lose your mind moms! LOVE it! Yes, i was the rs pres-lol. Tell Abinidi hello too-so glad we can keep in touch through wonderful blogging!