Tuesday, December 4, 2007

On a More Positive Note!

I figured that I should start the month of December out on a more positive note-after all, it is the season of good cheer! What better way to do that then talk about my KIDS!

I thought I would include some sneak peek Christmas card pictures-since we only send a few of them out, because we do our family newsletter in February!

I have learned that it is so hard to throw away the art work my children make for me for two reasons :

1. This stage where they draw you five pictures or works of art a day is short lived. It will age them-so I can remember them when they were all mine and adored their mom. BUT , as I said, with TONS of art work from school and home I could decorate my entire house with it. We are running out of room-so I cannot get attached to them, and have to toss them when they have not found a home (the boys HUGE bulletin board in their room, their own desks, or my folder of favorites) in a few days.

2. The second reason is that Colton will not let me. The other day he made me a hula skirt and demonstrated how I needed to use it-(I am glad he does not realize my waistline is at least triple what his is)-so the hula skirt was not as effective. After a few days of it cluttering my counters and laying around my room-it ended up in the trash. Well, lo and behold that evening I found it on my bed with the note (as seen below) that stated, " Dear Mom-I love you but don't throw my present for you." (meaning throwing it away in the trash). What mom could refuse such a plea. I quickly got tape and hung it above my bed-where it still proudly blows in the fan breeze and reminds me that my kids love me (picture also included below). I have officially decided to change my entire home decor to my children's art work. Plastic/magnetized walls that include Velcro, markers, and chalkboards!

On another note-it is so amazing to me how they each come with their own little spirits and personalities. For instance, the other day when I was preparing our staple meal of PB&J sandwiches, I wanted to let them have their favorite way that day. You would think there could not be much variety in PB&J, Oh, BUT there is. Colton wanted his with jelly and cut in a triangle half. Sterling wanted his with honey and not cut at all. Ryland (our carnivore who hates carbs)- and only eats a sandwich every so often-wanted his in half, and no crust. Dacie can't eat peanuts-so..after all was said and done I was pretty amazed that little spirits come to us with likes and dislikes,even at early ages.

One last tid-bit is a milestone bragging. Dacie along with learning to crawl, has begun to wave and clap her hands. She will wave to you as you come to get her up from naps or night time. She will wave at any picture of Christ-and does it pretty well on cue for bye-bye and say hi! She will clap to get you to cheer for her when she wants attention-or she wants to goof off. She will start to clap and then laugh at herself and you.

I LOVE being a mom!

7 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

oh your little family pic of the kids is adorable & LOVE the tights on Dacie. See--those just wouldn't look quite right on a boy! haha also, that gift & then note Colton left you are sooo cute! kids are the best!!!! and yay for Dacie with the clapping and waving!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

Alicia Hutchin(g?)s??!!! Carine Ulikhanian Henderson, your old roommate at BYU!! Erin sent me your blog link. How have you been??? 4 children and sooo adorable!! I am sure you are a great mom! Tell Dan RAndall and I said HI. Here is our blog:

http://www.hendersonyan.blogspot.com/

I have added you to mine so I can check back.

-Carine

Anonymous said...

that note made me laugh! so funny, these kids!

Dawn said...

I love the pictures...what adorable children! And the story about Colton and the grass skirt is precious...maybe I'd better think twice about what I throw away after they leave!!! Love you all! Grandma S

T.Bailey said...

i could seriously wrap up all your cute little kids and tie them with a big bow. They are darling. What to go Hutch!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Balee- Come be our adopted aunt!ANYTIME! I've missed you-
Hutch

Kara said...

Loved reading about Dacie and the pictures of Christ. Paige has done the same thing since she was tiny, tiny. We would ask her where Jesus was and she would look around until she found his picture and then just look at it lovingly and smile. Must be something to that, huh? Aren't these girls SO MUCH FUN?