Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas is for Sharing!

I believe this will be one of my first posts to go without illustrations, BUT it was such a funny little story I had to tell you.
I don't know how harmonious some of you are able to make your households, but my boys seem to wake up fighting with each other. Literally, that is how I know they are awake is screams, crying or yelling from their room; and then it continues on and off throughout the day. Most times we have to 'let it go' so that they can learn to problem solve and survive w/out us around. Yesterday 12/27 was no exception to the fighting, and one began to ensue between Sterling and Ryland. I saw Sterling get a book off of the shelf that Ryland had gotten for x-mas but had no interest in UNTIL he saw Sterling looking at it---then it was allot of crying and chasing to get it back. I sat and listened and their conversation went something like this:
S-You have to share!
R-No I not!
S-Yes you do, it is Christmas~That is what Christmas is all about is sharing (I smiled at this--he is pretty smart on his feet I thought)
R- No I not!! AAAAAAHHHHHH!
S-Giggle giggle- Yes, it is! (I hear them running around their room to the limited "get away from each other" destinations, one being on one of the two top bunks)
R-AAAAAHHHH! With big crocodile tears and renting his clothes
S-Christmas is for sharing we have to share our toys
R-NOOOOOO!!!!!
Then I hear a loud sickening thud and blood curdling scream from Ryland. I knew he had fallen off of the bunk while chasing his brother (actually it was the top rung of the ladder). I found him laying on his back without much wind!
So the situation went from humorous to NOT HUMOROUS and mean momma mode kicked in, and the fight was abolished quickly!
i LOVE it- It is just another day in paradise (MY THEME country SONG)!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

i love the commentary--hilarious!

Kara said...

Once again you have described life. Is it something to do with 3 boys in a row?