Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Perfect Ending...to a Perfect Day

We decided to make a day of it and end our Christmas evening making gingerbread houses! We were going to go to a resort in Sedona to see the light festival they have, BUT it was daddy's last day home with us before returning to work AND he would prefer to stay warm, and cozy in our home (so we have a date with the lights on Friday evening). Here is our creations!Ryland (left) & Daddy's (right)
Mommy (left) & Sterling's (right)
Colton's (does R2D2 give that one away?!)
(Dacie ate the candy)
AND one more picture of mommy's (note the bonfire, and grove of trees out front) I won..so I was pretty proud of my color coded, cookie cutter house (which Dan called it ,along with that I cheated since I ended up glue gunning it together~ he was jealous) ha ha ha! It was a perfect ending to a Wonderful Day!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas! I wanted to make gingerbread houses this year with Logan, but we never got around to it. Next year for sure!

And I haven't noticed any problems with my blog because of the counter. When I log onto your blog it comes up fine for me. Sometimes blogger just goes wacky.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Kerry- Thanks for the response on the counter thingy-it is good to know that blogger is sometimes wacky and that I just need to be patient! There is always soo soo much to do at x-mas--you just get it in where you can on the holidays!Sometimes Dan tells me I am too anal about getting it all in( I fault my mother for that one!)-Love hearing from you!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

how cute! of course yours definitely wins the prize--i love all the little creative touches! my sister uses a glue gun for hers from the start--she says it's sooo much easier! great minds think alike! =)

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

we made gingerbread houses too. it's so fun for the kids. we never had that growing up.