Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Things I Have Learned This Week

This week I learned that you DoN't give a bag of un-opened M&M's to a 10-month old in their car seat-to keep them from screaming. They are StROnG enough to open it ~AND are not HaPpy about it getting taken away!!!!
I also learned that when you say YeS to helping out-to remember that I have four children alone most of the day! ha ha ha AND that garage's make wonderful make-shift painting studios! I AgReed to make HeBrEw signs for our ward x-mas party and it ended up taking many extra hours to do with kiddos running around-Thank HeAveNs for NAPS!

I Have learned that Dan is right when he says" Leave something alone if it is working!" After pleading with him for the new entertainment center- I got it and is sat in our garage. I FiNallY sold the other one-so we could move in the new one. It was a bit chaotic amidst x-mas decorations and four kids! (above) The old one is gone!
Then when we brought in the new entertainment center-It is a BEAST! and does not match our other shades of wood. It is a NiCe piece of furniture- in fact, it is MaGniFiCenT! BUt our Great Room can't Hold magnificent pieces- We have to incorporate the computer, kids toys room, my elliptical, couches, side tables, etc. into one room-not allot of wall space! I am Getting use to it being in the room-BUT it took two days of measuring and trying 10 different places for it, and decor changes-What a PaIn! I know, I know-He tOLd me so!
I have also learned that 1st grade is not too young to have an alarm clock. After getting Colton to school just in the nick of time, since I am trying to get Sterling to preschool, Colton to elem. school, and the a.m. is the ONLY nursing Dacie does for the whole day-there is allot of threats and rushing. It has helped TONS to have him wake up, get dressed, and eat breakfast on his own (I am sure laying out the clothes, making the lunch, and laying out breakfast helps the whole affair too). The alarm clock is FuN for him right now-so we'll keep it that way!
I have learned that there is no use trying to keep up on the kitchen floor, besides Dacie will clean up what she tossed on the floor earlier as she scavenges around the house w/ her new mode of transportation-her knees!

























I have learned that Craigslist is a wonderful resource! I have posted these items (above) since October and sold all of them within the last two weeks, for more than I purchased them for (They were still cheap~remember I get them at garage sales) It was sad to say good-bye to some of the furniture we have had since we got married. We got some new couches from some members in Dan's parents ward-they matched and did not need couch slip covers! I also found an entertainment center that is an armoire (so that the TV is not the focus of our room)-so we needed to get rid of the old to make room for the new-AND our car in the garage!

Here is to ProGreSsiOn!





4 comments:

Kerry said...

I love Craigslist! We got a double stroller for $40, a brand spankin new all-terrain tricycle for Logan for $20, and a piano for FREE!You can't beat free!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Kerry- Free?...ABSOLUTELY!Do you play the piano? I am thinking of starting Colton in lessons, and a free piano would be nice....but where would I put it! ha ha

Carrie said...

The blog is great fun!! One day soon I will join the 21st century. Glad to hear all is well.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

those m&m's photos crack me up! she's obviously in hog heaven!
Great job on all the decor & furniture! Your house looks great--and what a great saleslady you are! It's kinda bitter-sweet seeing your 'first married' furniture go huh?!