Friday, December 7, 2007

SICK-O DADDY-O

I know, I know-it has been 3 days with/out a new post!!We've missed each other. I'm not gonna lie-it does not mean that I have not been on other peoples blogs. I have officially fallen in love with the blogging world ( now I guess I can begin to understand my husband's 'could be' addiction to PS2 games). However, being a mom and such I have had to set some guidelines and limits. For instance, I can only check so many number of other blogs a day and I have to do certain household chores first. Well, with DAN being SICK there were allot of household chores today. Folding laundry, stripping sheets, sterilizing stuff, changing out towels, washing dishes, vacuuming.. and last but not least mopping our WHITE TILE (never get those in your home) floors. But, as soon as I started sweeping my little crawler DACIE found the piles of dirt and wanted to munch. I guess I have to blog (darn it) until she goes down for a nap. Yes, she is everywhere now. She officially crawled to find me in the bathroom today!! AAH! heaven help our Christmas tree!

Well, another BIG reason for my lack of posting is that I have had a SICK HUBBY these last three days. He got sent home from work on Wed. and was on fire. We took his temp. that registered 101.7 orally. He took some meds. and went straight to bed. I got an appointment set up, and soup, and so on. The Dr. said he did not have strep (which all our other children have had the last two weeks) BUT after another day and a half of no broken fever, even with ibuprofen ~we plead with our physician assistant friend who sent in a antibiotic prescription. After two hours into the second dose-his fever broke and he was a NEW man this morning...so he is back at work. He said that I should be happy that he was home (ha ha-not that kind of home dear). He now has less time off at Christmas for this little 'bout' of sickness, Bummer. It has been a hard couple of days for me. I have a great hands-on husband and when he is not hands-on, four kids can get a bit overwhelming (in addition to his extra needs). It was hard to understand how playing video games would make him better. But, I guess it is like me snuggling up on the couch to a movie when I am sick, and cannot fall sleep because I am on fire and have the chills. We are two different people (duh!).
As some of you know and don't know, Dan teaches early morning seminary everyday. There are no approved subs at this point-so when he came home Wednesday ,we quickly called the class members to cancel. Some of his sweet class members came early the next morning and left this HUGE card on our doorstep. Dan makes it look like mug shots of him (he hates getting purposeful pictures taken). The last picture I told him to do something funny because he felt so much better this morning (I got some crossed eyes out of him). He was able to talk with the stake and find a sub for the next day, but I have to say their sweet card worked! Thanks seminary--
Talking about seminary reminded me of one last story for this post. Dan has warned his seminary class all year that there would be a good chance that one day he would sleep through his alarm (his alarm is so soft, and he has hard working dad hours). Since he is the only one at the church building (the younger grades get to use the institute/release time bldg. across from the HS) if he does not show, the students will be locked out, and some travel 20 plus minutes from Sedona. Well, it happened last week...he slept through his alarm and woke up as seminary should be starting. He was in a panic (since he leaves straight from seminary to work) he had to be showered and dressed. I calmly told him I would open the building up and have them work on make-up work until he came. Well, most of his class is girls, and most of the girls were the Young women I worked the closest with when I was YW president in the other ward. I am so in love with them! I got distracted playing with them and we ended up talking until Dan came (about a 1/2 hr. later)-oops! I had to drive home quick. The kidlings were still asleep thank heavens. So the seminary bonus quiz question that week was, " what color are Sister Sorensen's pajamas?" If you answer right you get and extra point!

No comments: