Saturday, May 17, 2008

GOING GREEN!


So the trend has seemed to have turned the world into becoming more environmentally conscious and 'natural'. Here is my little suggestion in that quest: That stores... specifically the Post office (government run), and pharmacy (photo above from our recent LARGE contribution) CUT BACK on the LENGTH of their receipts OR just give us 1 receipt for the purchase, rather than 3 copies of the same transaction (Little Caesers)! I absolutely would be estatic to not increase our stamps a penny every couple of months to receive a much SHORTER receipt. I am sure using that much paper for every customer can become costly. I understand the grocery store receipts being a little lengthy when we are doing our 2 week shopping...but even at the end of those, there are a few unnecessary paragraphs. Has anyone else noticed this fact, that some receipts say what they could say (or don;t need to say) in 1/2 of their length? Such a waste! It definitely would make my wallet smaller and budgeting time less messy. So thats my little observation for today, some food for thought!

4 comments:

niki said...

I agree! right on sista! :-)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

I've never really thought about this. I DO think it's a conspiracy that the new receipts come with ink that EASILY disappears. I think they don't want me returning things. =)

Jessica said...

I TOTALLY AGREE! it really bugs me because trying to keep the receipts is a pain because they are so big and bulky.

Angie said...

Ha! I totally agree.