Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It's a GIRL Day!

As I have said previously MOST of our trip to LA was accompanied with RaIn- We did not let that stop our FuN!! Saturday ended up being a GIRLY day for my sister-in-law and I.
It began with me being asked to be part of a surprise baby shower PLoT. I had to LIE to my sister-in-law (Beth) asking her to drop me off at a lunch date with some old BYU roomies (who REALLY do happen to live down the street and be in their ward)--then I had to ask her to come in and wait with me. Beth asked a few questions that I had to get creative with, BUT we did SUPRISE her!! It was at the cutest little tea shop they have there. We each got our own light lunch w/ our own tea kettle ( full of apple juice and hot chocolate) and got to talk kids. It was decorated all lacy, rosey, vintage...I had never been to a place like that. It was the definition of GIRL. I was glad I got to be a part of her celebration! My sister-in-law (Beth) is in the yellow and my old BYU roomie (Julie) is in the plain red~SO I did not entirely lie.
The place caters to talking women- so to get through the entire meal took three hours. I felt guilty because my brother had ALL the kids by himself during that time (Dan was in class). SO when it came to capitalizing on my gift I gave to Beth I was hesitant to add it to our outings that day.
My gift to Beth was a pedicure. I figured knowing what it is like to have three of the same sex...boys at that, she was due for some pretty nails and foot massage right before her delivery. She got her nails painted silvery blue (in celebration of their boy) and I opted for a rusty orange. I always have appreciated looking at pretty nails while I am in labor. Again Chad (my bro) to the rescue!
That evening Beth's sister who lives in Santa Monica wanted to go to a movie--and it was the one I have REALLY wanted to see, 27 dresses. We had dinner, laid down the kids, and left Chad and Dan to their manly stories, while we caught the chic flick. I HIGHLY recommend this movie. It satisfied every chic flick desire I have. I am ranking it up there w/ Runaway Bride and BF wedding! It made me happy!
All in all-it was one of my favorite days amidst our little sleep and sickness at this point.
I really appreciate the brotherly love Chad showed in watching all the kids--so his wife AND I could enjoy some fun things we normally don't. I know he probably did it more out of husbandly LOVE, but I like to pretend I am his favorite-ha ha.
That is one thing my family is excellent at doing. They serve each other, especially in times of need. They drop everything--I mean everything to come help ( I have rarely had help for less then four weeks after having my babies). This was just another example to me of sacrifice of your own pleasures to satisfy others that you love! Thanks Chad (and Beth for being my buddy)

2 comments:

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

yay for girls' night out! and the toes looked so cool. whenever we get together with randall's family, that's one thing all the sisters in law do, is go get a pedicure.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

how fun!! I bet she was so happy you guys did that for her!