Monday, January 21, 2008

I HOPe ThEy CaLL Me oN A mIsSiOn!

So awhile ago Grandpa Sorensen gave us this water bottle painted with 'mission money' written on the front. He told us about someone he had heard about, who threw in all their spare change and by the time it came for their son to serve a mission, they had enough to pay for his mission. We thought with 3 boys in a row THIS would be a GREAT start. So it has sat in our kitchen and has been slowly collecting.

Lately, I have been hearing Sterling playing with his bank allot and hearing allot of deposits into the mission money bottle. One day I finally asked him what he was doing, thinking he liked hearing the clanking change sound or something. Sterling turned to me and then said very excitedly, pointing to the jar-- " I am going on a mission mom, see! Look how many money's are in there." I asked him where he was getting the money, and I realized that he had almost cleared out everything from his spending money in his bank. Colton told him that he was not going to have any money to buy anything, and Sterling told him he didn't care. I was so touched at Sterling's desire to go on a mission.
I think the mission jar money may go towards Sterling's mission instead of Colton's! ha ha

Sterling has also been spending some time in his kitchen lately, and I kept hearing him tell his brothers, "Hurry, the missionaries are coming." When I ask them what they are doing they tell me that they are making dinner for the missionaries (as a family we try to feed the missionaries serving in our area dinner when we can)! The other day Ryland and him made a meal, and then last night Colton helped~ Last nights dinner was allot LARGER than normal (Colton may have helped in that). So here is a picture of the missionaries dinner. I hope their hungry! (it brought back fond memories of dinner appointments on my mission where we were fed VERY well).

3 comments:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

That mission jar is SUCH a good idea! Yeah, with 3 boys--it's a good idea to start saving now! And that Sterling is soooo sweet. His future wife will surely appreciate all the extra 'practice' he's gettin in the kitchen! =)

Erin said...

Those sure were some large and mostly yummy dinners in CA, huh? What sweet kids you have! I can't wait for Abby to meet them someday!

The Mangums said...

That is such a great idea! I think we need to invest in some water jars! So fun to see your kiddos growing up...can't wait til Colton comes to Houston on his mission. We promise to feed him well :)