Monday, January 28, 2008

A HaPPy & SaD kind of DaY!


Although I am on vacation right now, I feel like I cannot let the death of President Gordon B. Hinckley go without some sort of thought on my blog. I quietly found out about his passing about a hour after it happened (yesterday Sunday January 27th). I knew it was close-he was older and had lived a beautiful life~ and I rejoice in his reunion with his wife and beloved family and friends. I was also very comforted knowing his family was at his bedside. However I still feel a sadness at knowing I will not be seeing him at every general conference, or hear his great humor.I will miss his presence and hard working ethics. After all, he is the prophet that sent me on my mission, and my life HAS never been the same since, in an absolutely positive way! His words will always live in our home and we KNOW that the church of Jesus Christ will continue to be led by a prophet just as qualified and chosen of God. I will just miss him. So, I wept a tear or two I guess out of selfishness. As Sterling hugged me with a little tear in his eye he told me, "Mom, he was my favorite prophet ever in the whole world." I hope my children will never forget him. He will be missed~ but I do look forward to the day when we will all be together again.

4 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

If you are in CA you better call me!!! (714) 501-7443. Especially if you go to D-land... since I am only 15 mins away... and have season passes. Enjoy our lovely rainy winter weather. I have the same feelings for our beloved prophet. I am greatful he has returned to our Father and his eternal companion. But I too will miss him, his presence here on earth, his councel, his laughter, his smile. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Love, Andrea

Erin said...

Hey, I wrote about Pres Hinckley on my blog, too! I will miss him so much! He sent us on our mission! And I agree that his words will always be remembered in our home as well! Have fun on your vacation!o)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

aren't we so lucky to have had his leadership?!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

all the flags here in SLC are hanging half-staff. he will be missed.