Thursday, January 31, 2008

TRIBUTE to DACIE

I am going to borrow an idea that I have seen done on other blogs, and part of my BIRTHDAY gift to family is to post a tribute about them on my blog. I thought I would start the tradition with our Dacie ( I promise I will catch you in 2009 brendon, kelby and kayden) Dacie your arrival on January 25th 2007 started our year out with a BANG~ you could not have come TOO soon. You were a very much anticipated GIRL in a family surrounded by boys. You were the only baby I have had who has come earlier than their due date (cleaning in squatting position all day probably pushed things along-thus you were one of my longest labors...that is allright, it gave Aunt Cara time to make it!). You were the BIGGEST baby (9lbs. 4oz) I have had and are now the SMALLEST at 1 year (20lbs. 4oz.)
I cannot begin to describe to you the feelings I had the day I found out you were a girl. I was absolutely convinced I was having a boy.In fact, I still had a hard time believing it until you were in my arms~that was the first question I asked when you came out was, "Is she a girl?". I remember time and my heart stopped for a brief moment when I realized that I was having a girl. The baby shower where I was became a blur, and I remember feeling elated and as if everything was in slow motion. It was a testimony to me that Heavenly Father does know our hearts littlest desires. I did not know how badly I wanted and needed a GIRL until I knew I was having one. It was a tender mercy. There are moments where I look into your eyes and I have found a kindered spirit. You make me happy and I always hope we have that friendship and happiness together. I remember the first night in the hospital. The nurse came charging in after having you for a few hours, in somewhat of a panic, because you refused a bottle from them and had jaundice. She told me that there have only been a few babies in her life that she would like to see grown up and you were one of them. She said you were stubborn. We DID have to teach you take a bottle and to take to nursing, we have had to teach you to sleep as well. You definetly put up a good fight when you do not want to do it (for hours, days)~ but you eventually give in (if we can can persevere that long) and do what we are teaching you whole-heartedly, so much in fact, that we forget it was ever hard to get you to that point. You KNOW what you like and don;t like!
I remember taking you in and watching you those first couple of days. I could see so much of your brother (Sterling) in you and a little of your dad. I hope you are like both of them~ they have tender hearts, and mature spirits. You will certainly be attractive too! I LOVE your eyes (they are chocolate chips)You are ABSOLUTELY loved by all your family. Your brothers are so kind, and gentle with you. They protect you--and I am afraid they will the rest of your life. You better just marry one of their friends!
You have been an absolute blessing in our home. The short year you have been here you have taught us more and helped us progress in an acclerated nature that we could not have anywhere else. Our home is a happier and better place with you in it. We don't know what we did before you joined us!
You are such a girl. You get your little "feelers" hurt and let us know, but you LOVE to be LOVED and shown empathy towards! You LOVE to be around people and are absolutely content to be surrounded by them. If ever you are tired or not feeling well, all I have to do is get you into public. You LOVe attention and associating with people . You love giving kisses, and chatting in your lanugauge. You LOVE music and anything associated wtih that...DANCING, SINGING. You are so temperate about me pulling your one piece of hair on top of your head (that never fell out) trying to curl it, ponytail, it, etc. You never have really given me a hard time about it!You like to be held and cared for. You love to laugh at yourself and others, just because they are laughing-you don;t need a reason to giggle.You are my GiRL!

Dacie Ann @ 6months
You smiled really early and have not stopped since!!! You have grown so much in such a small amount of time. It is beautiful to see your little body and personality.

You are so full of life and color. You make me smile and everyone else around you! You love to cheer and clap people on (even yourself).
Dacie Ann @ 1 year:20 lbs. 4 oz. and 30 3/4 inches long
Thank you for coming to our family a year ago. It has been one of the best years of my life. I love you!
Happy Birthday my sweet girl!



7 comments:

Erin said...

What a sweet tribute! It reminded me in the midst of this 2-year-old stage we're going through of the sweetness of being the mom of a darling girl! Thanks, Alicia! I needed it today!
Love you! (And I'm happy for you having sweet Dacie too!)

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh Alicia--this is just the sweetest thing eeeVVer! She is such a little doll, and how wonderful that you've captured her so well in writing. She is going to love reading that someday. I konw I loved reading it! =) I was soooo happy for you to get a girl too! Every mom needs a girl!

The Bargar Beauties said...

That was so well done! What a great idea too. Perfect!!

mjs ashworth said...

she is beautiful!!

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

Happy Birthday Dacie Ann! WE LOVE YOU! and you are tooo cute!!

Princess Muhmah and The Clan: said...

Thanks for posting that. It was lots of fun to see all those sweet pictures. I especially like the one of you looking at her. It is fun having a girl! I love my boy, but it's nice to have both.

Dawn said...

What a thoughtful and wonderful gift for all your family and friends to share in your delight of having Dacie for her first year. She is such a happy little girl...we love her so much!
Gr and Gr Sorensen