Wednesday, May 20, 2009

QUEEN For a DAY!!!

Oh, how I LOVE being a mom...
despite the fact that it has been the hardest and GREATEST life experience since a mission!
However, I always say a mission was THE BEST 18 months of my life
...the harder you work for things the more you LOVE them
AND I LOVE MY CHILDREN
Mothers Day gives me sweet reminders of how LUCKY I am to be a mother.
It's like, for a day I get eternal perspective on life--much like when their is a newborn in our home--I am reminded how all the daily things I can get "lost in" absolutely contribute to the bigger picture.
The kids kept banging on my door all morning trying to get in, they were too excited to share their presents with me, since I got to SLEEP-IN! When I FINALLY opened my eyes and opened my bedroom door... this is the EXACT picture (above) I had waiting for me. At that moment my heart became very full. Here there were little faces looking up at me with such love and admiration, and I kept asking myself..when did this happen? When did I become a mom of four? Life really does happen and I am grateful for days to help me sit down and remember to take it all in.
I felt like the rest of the day was eating and sleeping. Dan made me breakfast in bed. At church, we got See's candy bars, I came home and took a quick nap with Dacie while Dan got dinner ready...and I enjoyed an evening with my family with no commitments. I got a collectors Barbie (from Dan) and 80's movie (from the kids) and some more chocolate. I hate chocolate...can you tell? I got to talk on the phone with no yelling in the background, and watch home movies of our early married years until I got tired. It was just a day of sweet remembrance. I realize that my children are not going to be all mine forever. Until then...I'll enjoy the chaos

Dacie had a HARD time giving this crown to me that she made in Nursery for the mom's!
After all, she is the real Queen around here!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I wish I had been the mom at your house. Your day sounds as if it was absolutely perfect. You deserve it for sure. :)

Selena said...

Queen for a day! How awesome is that!?! I got a few mother's day cards from Dawn and my mom and I'm not even a mom yet. haha. Maybe they are hinting at something. You should be a queen for a week. My dad has a "mother's week" for my mom around mother's day and when we were little she was the queen! We had to me little angels for the whole week. haha. It looks like you had fun!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh what sweet, sweet children!! I love that pic of them all at the door--so cute!

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day--you deserve it! =)