Tuesday, November 27, 2007

You Know It's a Great Day When....

Your hubby comes home by suprise for lunch to just be with you a little more that day AND you have had time to MAKE 4 DOZEN COOKIES on top of: getting your kids to school, lunches made, the other kids dressed, yourself dressed and showered, volunteering in the class, feeding the heel biters at home, boiling chicken for dinner, and a BLOG! (Of course, in my mind I feel like I have so much more I can do and should do BUT I really have to put it all in perspective).

The reason for making the 4 dozen cookies is that tonight I am going to a cookie exchange for the first time. I was a bit leery about making that many cookies and having that many cookies in my home. But, then I started thinking of everyone I could take them too, as an early holdiay 'kick-off', instead of when their homes are already FULL of too much sugar-and I decided to dig in! I was in a cooking mood today anyways-so that has helped the whole situation.I will let you know if I am a fan of cookie exchanges after.
IT IS A GREAT DAY!!! YEAH!!!!

Dacie is for sure a GIRL! She LOVES CHOCOLATE. Today I introduced her for the first time to a chocolate chip or two-and her response was such a deep, warm sounding "mmmmm" that we have all experienced in our girly chocolate love hearts. I felt her happiness! So did her smile-check out the melted chocolate and one little curl on her head. I am in LOVE with having another girl to hang with in the house!

6 comments:

bluegreenplant said...

Send those cookies off while people still crave sweets. Great idea.

TexasTwinsTwice said...

SUPER MOM to save the day!!!! Yay--it sounds like such a busy & productive day. I laughed at the term 'heel biters'---so much is understood in those 2 little words! haha!

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Monica- You are so right about heel biters-I heard it the first time from Dan's mission president! You are jsut as much a SUPER MOM! Love 4!

bluegreenplant- Who are you?

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

i love that dacie loves chocolate! i miss her! lola will seriously be as big as her when we come.

The Sorensen Bunch said...

AMY;Lola- Will for sure be as big as Dacie-considering she has been sick for so long-she is getting skinny. She weighed 18 pounds at her last (9month) appointment! She is the smallest baby soo far-no height like her bro's (darn it-I wanted a girl hoopster). I am glad lola will be the same size then when Dacie just holds on to her (as she does whenever she is near her) then it will not hurt her! ha ha

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

yea, i think I remember you making those same cookies at BYU!
-Carine
PS. Where do you guys reside?