Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's FINISHED!




The Primary program that is! As some of you know there are MANY MANY hours put into the program the children in church put on once a year. Colton with his 2 speaking parts and Sterling with his 1-memorized them and did great! I thought I was in the clear for awhile from doing them as I was released as the president of that auxillary-BUT its not so, I was then put back in as the primary chorister in the summer (so beyond my comfort zone) and I was back in the saddle getting ready for it again. It has then become my responsibility to make a children's choir out of the 40 kids who attend primary weekly. I have to admit-music does touch your heart quickly, and ecspecially children's voices. You always worry about how it will turn out-but then it DOES, and as someone wrote on a comment today after the program, " I heard angels sing today!" It is true, they did great! My heart was full and dry eyes were hard to come by in the last song.
I have to admit that I almost "lost it" as Colton in his best sunday suit stood "dancing" wildly in the front row, as he had to go to the bathroom so bad (that is the LAST thing he EVER wants to do-it is such an inconvenience to him) . So I was standing and conducting all the while trying to motion to him to go to the bathroom NOW! ha ha. We clebrated our success by visiting our sick songs in the hospital (all the songs we sang for the program were admitted to the primary children's hospital 4 weeks ago when they had a panic attack because they heard the program was coming soon-the children had to sing and get each song evaluated by the nurse before being released). We brought balloons (popping them to see what song we were going to sing to them) ending with the happy news that they were all released from the hospital today! Yeah! HOWEVER, the children were all sent home with a prescrition of singing pills for when they felt their songs were starting to get "sick" again! Thus the pictures of our pill popping adventure-the boys and I had fun filling and drawing on all the donated medicine bottles! It was a successful day.
BUT with the good comes the bad, and our sweet Dacie caught the flu that has been going around (I thought we were in the clear, since we do not get out much). She threw up right as we were leaving and Dan missed the majority of the program, he snuck in for the last song and slipped right back out. She has been throwing up and having diarrhea since then. She is not sleeping well.We have been able to get with other friends to get a recipe to make home remedy pedialyte http://rehydrate.org/solutions/homemade.htm ( which she has kept down for a bit! cross our fingers- 11/12 she did! and that is what she has been living on today) It is suppose to make its rounds through our entire family-so all the boys went to bed with buckets tonight (and a practice drill). Aaah-don't know how much I will be writing this week. I HATE the flu BUT love the primary kids!

1 comment:

TexasTwinsTwice said...

Oh, you alwasy do such cute activities!!!
I hope Dacie is doing better! It is so scary with the babies. How are your other kids? I know it's tough--so just hang in there!