Friday, June 26, 2009

Busy Busy HoNeY BeEs...

Every Summer The Missoula Children's Theatre travels all over, typically to rural towns, and Cottonwood is no exception. The timing and ages of my children have never worked out to participate in it. BUT after both my sons recent performances in their choir concerts...I thought drama may be a hobby they would take interest in.
SO I had the boys try-out Monday June for the production of Rumpelstiltskin. They made it into the choir of bees (and yes, they had to cut some children because of the numbers trying out).

So the next ensuing week consisted of some practices in the morning and an all-day Saturday dress rehearsal and 2 performances (which Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen & Aunt Cara and Uncle John all came too!)!!!
It was a low-key production and the boys never complained about going once.

However...I am not sure they were as "into" it as others (check out Colton's face below).

The bees made a grand appearance 3 times on stage and did 2 singing/dancing numbers.

Colton did very well with his bee hands (really quick fingers out front) and Sterling was a great stinger (bummy) shaker. Colton even got to stay on stage a bit longer to sting one of the main characters (video below).
(Bottom Row: Colton far left, Sterling 3rd in on right)

Of course, my boys were the LARGEST bees up there. Colton looked like a 10 year old bumble bee flying around! ha ha ha
I think Colton's FAVORITE part about the whole thing was the undivided Pokemon banter he was able to have with his good friend Dallin (especially w/out the moms around!)

Dallin and Colton having sword fights with their stingers!


I am glad I am able to let my kids taste a little bit of everything, and get a little culture into their small-town lives...and who knows?
They may be back next year...
~
(BELOW- the first video is Colton stinging Claire who owns the bee farm, which she will lose if she cannot figure out the funny man's name
The second video is one of our favorite busy bee numbers--Colton and Sterling are in the group on the left-just look for the tallest bees!
Sorry about the shaky footage-the bleacher seats had much to be desired and I had to hold my hand up above the people in front of me with no zoom to boot!)


3 comments:

Trezise Momma said...

My boys had so much fun watching Colton and Sterling. Thanks for inviting us! I am sick of the busy, busy honey bee chant though. They are still singing it.

kk Leilani said...

this would have been so fun to go to. great job boys!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

SO fun!!! We wanted to go watch it this year, but couldn't fit it in. I can't wait for my girls to do something like that--i think it's AWESOME they come here to do that!