Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A BRAND NEW YEAR!

The Church comes out with a NEW YOUTH THEME every year
and when that happens it falls under a program called
"A BRAND NEW YEAR"
Our stake turns it into a winter youth conference type event.
This year was NO DIFFERENT
&
with me being in my favoritest calling ever (shh! don't tell)
as 2nd counselor in the stake Young Women's
I get to help plan and run the event!
This year our service included picking up some older singles in our area and having dinner with them.
I spent most my time in the kitchen cooking, but got to come out and serve food and visit with my good buddy Verona
Then the youth taught them some line dances
AND the older singles taught the youth how to polka
AND partner dance
There was also GAMES
A little "missionary" tag
AnD... MINUTE TO WIN IT games
AND Each ward MADE THEIR OWN MORMON AD VIDEO
(which some were submitted to SLC via You Tube)
&
We came up with some spoofy OSCARS for each
It was a GREAT EVENT!!!

1 comment:

jolley time said...

great Ideas! we did our Winter youth conference last week end too Steve and I had to teach the cowboy chaa chaa hilarious I love checking out your blog you guys look great!