Thursday, November 4, 2010

The BIG 3-5!

On October 28th I turned the BIG 35!!!
It was such THE PERFECT DAY!
from the sunset driving home
To my boquet of flowers being picked right from my very own flower garden!
For those who know me well the outdoors and Fall are two of my most FAVORITE things in this life...and my birthday always seems to capture those
After a breakfast in bed, flu shots (lame), and a fitting for my NEW bands to my wedding ring
we loaded the kids (except napping Rhett)into the car and drove up to Oak Creek Canyon which is part of Sedona
(about 20 mintues away)
The leaves did not let me down!
After getting carsick (from the switchbacks) we stopped at a campground an took some small hikes
which ended at the most beautiful river/lake/pond


Here are some shots of:
THE FAM
Yes, in my roots that would be some serious Grey Hair!!
Sorry mom, that does mean you are getting OLD!
MY HOTTIE!
Dan actually took the day off of work AND for those of you who know his work hours and my constant battle to have more time with him
this could have been the ONLY present I got!!!
THE LEAVES

A PEDICURE
for those who also know me well, know the way to my heart is through my toes--
I also got a pedicure before the hike!
Then we headed to my favorite Mexican restaurant for a birthday dinner
and back to the house for the
PARTAY THE CAKE-
made and decorated by my man
THE GUESTS
THE DECORATIONSTHE LOOT!!!

It was a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Lady you are the best! Happy Happy Birthday! I still read your blog and love seeing all the pics. You're family is darling. You look beautiful! We may move to Arizona. We're applying at a university there. I'll keep you posted.

The Stewart Stuff said...

Happy, happy birthday! Glad it was such a great day (other than the flu shots)! :0)

Trezise Momma said...

Happy birthday to one of the most awesome people I know!! I loved the picture of Ryland and the giant leaf with 'eye holes'! Great shot!!

HENDERSONYAN, INC. said...

happy birthday, girl! 35 is nothing! i love your pedicure.